Here are my instagram photos from August… it’s very Korean food heavy.
1. Packing lunch for work doesn’t have to be boring. Look at this little taco salad kit I had for lunch one day! Everything is packed separately for me to toss together for a quick and easy lunch. I think next time I will try to use less plastic baggies to decrease waste.
2. Oh, the joys of living with one’s Korean grandma. Impromptu Korean barbeque at any moment.
3. A DC food truck made it all the way out to the ‘burbs in Virginia so I had to go during lunch. I was rewarded with a tasty lobster roll and a basil ginger lemonade.
4. We had Korean fried chicken wings for lunch in the office one Friday. It was just as I remembered from Korea. I love living near a large Koreatown!
5. My little bro and I at our cousin’s wedding. I was so excited to see him since he lives all the way down in Florida but he flew up for the occasion. Miss you bro <3
6. I loved the idea of a candy bar at my cousin’s wedding reception. DIY goodie bags with all sorts of candy to take home.
7. We went out to brunch when my brother was in town and I got this amazing dish called the bubble and squeak with pan-fried chicken on homemade biscuits topped with poached eggs and gravy. Let’s just say I was full all day.
8. For my mom’s birthday we went out to a Korean barbeque restaurant that is famous for its kalbi (marinaded short ribs). It was delicious but honestly, my mom can make much better at home.